Friday, February 25, 2011

The Dirty Dozen

I make an effort to purchase organic produce, but our family isn't 100% there just yet. It helps me to keep this list from the Environmental Working Group in mind when I do shop so I'm making the best choices. Collectively, the 12 most contaminated are known as the Dirty Dozen.

12 Most Contaminated
■Peaches
■Apples
■Sweet Bell Peppers
■Celery
■Nectarines
■Strawberries
■Cherries
■Pears
■Grapes (Imported)
■Spinach
■Lettuce
■Potatoes

12 Least Contaminated
■Onions
■Avocado
■Sweet Corn (Frozen)
■Pineapples
■Mango
■Asparagus
■Sweet Peas (Frozen)
■Kiwi Fruit
■Bananas
■Cabbage
■Broccoli
■Papaya

You can also download a handy wallet guide here. http://www.foodnews.org/

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the list Cherl! I try to buy organic when I can also.

    ReplyDelete