Sunday, April 3, 2011

P90X

My latest experiment has involved my newest exercise regimen-P90X. This is a program I have heard about for years, but was never ready for the commitment. It is a 90 day program- 6 days a week of intense workouts. Once I start a program, I go for it 100%, so I knew I couldn't start unless I was willing to finish. :-) The time was finally right for me. I needed a break from running, and I decided it was time to focus on building core strength and total body strength. Jeff agreed to do it with me, and the next door neighbors and friends, the Giles, also took the challenge. So, pretty much every night for the last 6 weeks we have spent from 8:30pm-10pm following this program. The results have been awesome! I love working out with Jeff, and I love getting stronger! I do miss running, but I don't miss getting up at 5:30 am (or earlier!). I am not completely ripped yet, but I do see definition that I have never seen before. I have lost 6 pounds and about 6 inches total. We are not quite halfway through the program and I think our progress will continue to build on itself. My view of exercise is that everyone has to do it. The key is finding workouts that challenge you! I am hoping that when I go back to running in the summer, that my core strength will ultimately make me a stronger runner and I can still aim for that Boston goal!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! What amazing results for you! I haven't tried this program and I'm not sure I will given the time commitment, but I'm very curious to see how this ends for all of you. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete