Thursday, April 14, 2011

my favorite tofu scrambler

Since eliminating dairy from my diet in January, I've been experimenting with different tofu scramblers. I was eating egg scramblers so often before the diet change that the tofu was unwelcomed to my tastebuds, initially. Then I discovered a vegan sausage that is very similar to the Jimmie Dean variety and my tastebuds couldn't get enough. I make this tofu scrambler 2 or 3 times a week after particularly hard workouts. It's loaded with protein and very tasty. To make: Pat dry firm tofu and crumble into a cooking pan sprayed with olive oil. Crumble some vegan sausage, adding it to the pan. Throw in some steamed broccoli and let the whole thing fry until the tofu begins to brown. I add a tablespoon of something at the very end -- pico de gallo, salsa verde, homemade pesto, a sweet chili sauce would be awesome, too. If I have some Flaxseed Ciabatta (from Trader Joe's), I slice and toast one or two pieces and cover it in hummus. It's a very, very good breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment