Sunday, January 30, 2011

Healthy Lunch Ideas

I just picked up the book The Vegan Lunch Box. Again, I am not planning on becoming Vegan, I just like having more options! I just used my last box of Mac N Cheese, and my kids and husband don't know it yet, but my goal is to not buy any more. So, I would love to have more creative ideas for lunch, both at home and at school.

Today for lunch I am making pizza on Whole Wheat Pitas. I just spread Spaghetti Sauce on the pita, add sliced zucchini, red peppers and yellow peppers and top with cheese. (See- not vegan!) The kids are excited about this one.

I like the cookbook "Eating for Life" for meal ideas. This book is where I get probably 75% of my recipes. I have loved it! Simple, healthy meals. Some of my favorites:

Tex Mex Burritos
Taco Pasta Salad
Shrimp Scampi

I will add more to this later. Please feel free to comment with your ideas or write your own post!

3 comments:

  1. I make my own mac n cheese. really easy. would you like the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I would love it Joan! Feel free to post your own recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Sbarro. It's one of the country's favorite due to its low carb diet plan, unlike other fast food chains.

    ReplyDelete