Friday, January 28, 2011

Starting a Garden

My goal this summer is to have a garden I can eat from! I would love any advice from all of you! I am going to post advice that I receive from my friend Kim! Thanks Kim! Keep it coming!

We bought all of our seeds from Seed Savers and Park Seeds.

We didn't not plant them inside. Because it was our first year , we deiced to do the easiest thing first and see what would happen. It was great

We bought all of our soil from Grims. THey have an organic soil that was amazing,

One thing we are going to do this year is only plant veggies and fruit that you can pick through out the summer...sugar snap peas,,, beans,, chard...tomatoes,,, blue berries,,,LOTS of different kinds of lettuce ( arugula ,,I am not sure on the spelling)

We started our garden in March. Lettuce was fun because you could always replant behind what you used so that you always had fresh greens. Roman lettuce was the easiest . You could cut it off and with in a week or so it would grow right back. After a month or so you would need to replant.

Feel free to leave a comment or sign in and do your own post!

2 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love this blog! Good work! My husband and I also did out first garden last year. Didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Mostly because he was gone all summer and I had no clue as to what I was doing! My hubby makes garden beds that a ton of people in the area seem to really like. Happy planting!
    ~Rochelle Griffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment Rochelle. That is nice to have a husband who is so useful! :-) Feel free to pass on anything you learned, even if it was what NOT to do! I am sure I will be learning a lot of that this year!

    ReplyDelete